The "pivot" - an indicator of turning points.
Levels Pivot (Pivot) used from 1934 to the present day and has not lost its force. The secret to the accuracy and importance of these levels is simple - these levels are used by leading banks, investors, traders for decades.
With the help of mathematical calculations are defined:
- The pivot point (a level which, in most cases aims instrument price)
- First, second and third resistor (levels which hinder the growth of the tool)
- First, second and third support (levels that do not give a price drop tool)
All these levels can build:
- On the inside of the daily chart, based on data of the day - these levels are called Pivot daytime levels
- On the weekly chart, using the data of the last week - these levels are called the weekly Pivot levels
- On the monthly chart when using High and Low, Close prices over the past month - the monthly levels are called Pivot levels
All three kinds of Pivot levels are important and should always be taken into account, no matter whether daily, weekly or monthly levels are near the quotation tool.
During intraday trading and scalping, you need to pay more attention to the daily level, the most important of which are:
- Pivot - daily pivot point, the price is very often as it revolves around this level or regard it unfolds
- R1 - the first resistance, the price is very often bounces from this level
- S1 - first support, quotes are often found near the bottom of this level
If the market had the strength and quotes struck these levels, then open the following points of support and resistance R2 and S2, which operate by analogy and the last third of the levels of R3 and S3. Observations show that if the price breaks the third level and secured above / below, in such a period is not recommended to open the transaction, as the market lost his balance and may present any surprises.
Equally important are the levels of Pivot (Pivot, W_Pivot, M_Pivot) - point of rotation. In total there are usually built three - daily, weekly and monthly.
It is often possible to observe how the quotations drawn to these levels, and then the price is set.
Personal observations showed another addiction. - Week (W_Pivot) and monthly (M_Pivot) pivot point and often form a kind of channel, and if the quotes included in the channel, we can expect price movement within the boundaries of the instrument channel. A break of the channel, the first aim of becoming the next level of support or resistance.
By levels Pivot often built trading strategies. It is enough to just use the levels and management equity and trading strategy ready.
I personally use these levels in their trade for several years to the present day, and I doubt that one day I'll take these levels from their desktops charts. Maybe if you first hear about these levels, you are not interested, but believe me, you should only start using these levels and watch how they affect the market for a long time and you may fall in love with all this wonderful instrument of mathematical analysis of the market .
Universal indicators to work with all levels of Pivot. Pivot levels are calculated according to the formula
R3 = R2 + (H - L)
R2 = Pivot + (H - L)
R1 = 2 * Pivot - H
Pivot = (H + L + C) / 3
S1 = 2 * Pivot - H
S2 = Pivot - (H - L)
S3 = S2 - (H - L)
H - a maximum of candles
L - low of the candle
C - closing the candle
The archive contains the file display, the result of using an indicator you see in the image below.