ABBYY FineReader 12 Portable is a text recognition program that translates images of documents and any types of PDF files into editable electronic formats. The program determines and accurately restores the logical structure of the document in its electronic copy, allowing you to forget about the reprinting of texts.
• Unmatched recognition accuracy thanks to ABBYY OCR technology.
• Save time and effort on formatting: the program accurately recreates the original structure of the document - the location and formatting of text, footers, footnotes, table of contents, and so on.
• Convenient user interface and the “Tasks” start window provide quick access to the most common scenarios.
• The original image can be compared with the recognized and edited text directly in the program interface.
• 190 languages of recognition, including Arabic, Chinese and other Asian, as well as any combination thereof. The program automatically determines the language of the document.
High accuracy and speed of document conversion:
• The program with unsurpassed accuracy recognizes scanned or photographed documents, transforming them into editable electronic formats or searchable PDF.
• New ABBYY FineReader effectively uses multiple processor cores. In addition, for convenience, the user can choose one of two recognition modes: speed or quality priority. In the first mode, documents will be processed up to 50% faster.
Freedom from reformatting documents:
• Thanks to Adaptive Document Recognition Technology (ADRT®) technology, ABBYY FineReader 12 perfectly preserves the original structure of multi-page documents, including the arrangement of text, tables, footers, notes, page numbers, content, table of contents, etc.
• With recognition, you can also manually set the area types - Text, Image, Table, etc., and specify their purpose, for example, “Footer”. And if you plan to transfer the recognized text to specialized programs that do not recognize structure elements, the definition of footnotes, footers or table of contents can be turned off in the application settings.
Support 190 world languages:
• ABBYY FineReader 12 recognizes documents in 190 world languages, with dictionary support provided for 48. You can specify multiple document languages or allow the program to detect languages automatically.
Quick access to the necessary information:
• You need to copy a small part of a multi-page document, and you do not want to wait until the program recognizes it in its entirety? ABBYY FineReader 12 instantly opens all pages of the document; just scroll to the one you need, select the required area and click “Copy”, and the program will recognize its contents automatically.
Simple and intuitive interface.:
* The main window of the program is divided into logical blocks: the Page panel provides easy navigation through multi-page documents, the Image window shows the original image of your document, and the Text window shows the recognition result. Thus, with ABBYY FineReader 12 you can simultaneously compare the resulting text with the original image, as well as make changes to it using the built-in text editor.
• For maximum convenience, there is A task start window, which contains a set of typical scenarios. Just a couple of clicks-and your document is converted to the desired format. For devices running Windows 8, preinstalled tasks are available directly from the start screen.
Document image processing tools:
* ABBYY FineReader 12 automatically processes images from your camera or mobile device camera. This allows you to improve the quality of photos, and hence the recognition result.
• You can also manually process document images in the image Editor. Adjust the brightness and contrast of images, intensity levels of light and shadow, correct keystone distortion, typical for shooting with a digital camera, lighten the background, trim the excess edges and much more.